FTP to Windows server using FTP Enterprise or FTP PlugIn stg

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

craviraj
Participant

Post by craviraj »

Hi,

I am trying to FTP a file to Windows server and faced some issues.

FTP Entrprise:
I could not give a path on Windows server because windows uses "\" and this stage expects "/".

FTP Plug In:
I tried using the FTP Plug In stage and I am getting the following error:

Connection to the remote host's FTP server failed, DSTAGE-FTP-0026`:`socket call 'connect' failed

Suggestions please!!
-----------------------
R-Square
[Ravi Raj]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Windows operating systems that are based in NT are perfectly happy to accept forward slashes in pathnames.

This includes all the Windows operating systems that are supported for DataStage servers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
craviraj
Participant

Post by craviraj »

Thanks for the reply. This issue is resolved.

Issue:
The main issue was with going to the specific server.

Resolution:
In the environment I am working, we have a "detour" server and we have to change directory (cd) to a virtual name to go to the specific server I had to ftp. [Used the "open" command]

Additional Comments:
I have another issue though, FTP Enterprise stage is not accepting parameters (I hope to get this resolved by installing to a patch that probably I would get from IBM!!)

P.S: I could not read the reply to this post as I am not yet a member who can get access to Premium content.
-----------------------
R-Square
[Ravi Raj]