Can't view code in Server Routine window

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yserrano
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can't view code in Server Routine window

Post by yserrano »

Hello all,
Previously with version 7, I was able to see routines code by starting the Manager, double-clicking on the selected routine and opening the Code tab.
Now, using Designer, the Code tab is empty, there is only a funcion name and an empty canvas. I do not know if this is a problem with my installation, a removed feature in version 8 or what.
The help says this windows is used to "view or enter the code for the routine", but I cant see the code.

Your help will be appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you installed Fix Pack 1 for version 8 ?

Are you sure that there is code for this routine?

In versions prior to 8 the Code tab was empty (and, indeed, disabled) until a routine name had been entered but, as you report, you do have a routine name, so this is not the cause.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yserrano
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yserrano »

Yes, fix pack 1 is installed.
Using, for example, the routine KeyMgtGetNextValueConcurrent the code does not appear in the Code tab of the Server Routine Window. But, If I export it, the code is there in the exported file.

And, If I check the same routine on a version 7 installation, the code is there also.

Any ideas?
yserrano
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yserrano »

Apparently is a product bug. Opened a PMR, but still don't have final answer from IBM.