Deleting a project......

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Deleting a project......

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi All,

I have an issue here, A project was created and the project has been corrupted so I tried deleting the project but I was not able to do so using Adminstrator, when tried to log on to the project I get the following error message

Failed to connect to host: <servername>, project: <projectname>
( The directory you are connecting to either is not a UV account or does not exist (39125))

All the DataStage files are available in the dsproject.

Could any one please let me know what and how are the ways to delete a project which has been created.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Much more important is why your Administrator client can't find the UV account. If this works you will be able to delete a project using this client.

The most usual cause is that someone has moved the DSEngine directory from where it was originally installed. If that has occurred have it put back; there are just too many dependencies on its location. At the very least there will be a hidden file (/.dshome) or an environment variable ($DSHOME) that describes its location. (On Windows it's in the Registry.)

What happens on the UNIX machine if you execute the command cat /.dshome ? It should contain the correct directory for the DataStage engine directory (also known as the UV project or UV account).

Let's eliminate that possiblity before possibly wasting time on downstream possibilities such as no UV entry in the UV.ACCOUNT table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Hi Ray,

The Server is on HP Unix and There are multiple projects on the server which I am able to work on but when I try to open one particular project I get the following error,

When I use "cat /.dshome" it goes to the directory where DSEngine is available.

I get the following error message

Failed to connect to host: <servername>, project: <projectname>
( The directory you are connecting to either is not a UV account or does not exist (39125))

I went into the Projects Directory you have all the related Data Stage files.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

At this point, it would seem the SQL Catalog for that project is horked up. There are a few posts on the subject here, this is one of the ones that helped me when facing a similar problem.

Note the rather strong warnings Ray gives in this post about having a good backup. Executing any of these steps improperly could result in more damage to your installation!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Hi All,

Thanks to both of you'll , I followed the steps indicated and I was able to remove the project alone.

Thanks again, I was able to learn some of the Administrative part of DS as well.

Could you'll please let me know if I could by any chance get some more information (Tips and Tricks) about the Administrative part of Data Stage any wrtie up or document would highly be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Use this forum for tips and tricks. Do a search on what you want. If you can't find it then post your search as question you will be answered.

Thanks
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Siva

Nice signature.
Mamu Kim
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the information, Will do the same.

was wondering if someday had a write up regarding the various cases/scenarios of Adminstering the Data Stage Jobs, what are the possible cases and solutions that could be done?

But anyway thanks to all.

Regards
Mahesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This set me to wondering whether anyone has written anything on all the various cases/scenarios of maintaining an automobile, what are the possible cases (what are all the things that could go wrong) and solutions that could be done?

Or perhaps the same on medical care and maintenance of the human body.

It's a huge task, not one that I'm likely to undertake without significant recompense.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Another way you might acquire this knowledge would be to try, fail/succeed, try again and then document. Much the same as many of us have done. By doing this you are learning and will be adding to a living document that you can use with any customer.

Regards,
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Hi All,

Thanks to all your comments, I know this is a huge task but would definitely be helpful, This is will something to lessons learnt.

But Just had an idead and wanted to share the same.

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Hi ,

Mukesh , I am also getting error while try to connect VERSIOn project , I check that all file is available in project directory .

pl help how to resolve problem .

The directory you are connecting to either is not a UV account or does not exist (39125)
Arun Verma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get to the TCL prompt on the server in the DataStage Engine directory (also called the UV account). Execute the following commands and describe the outcome.

Code: Select all

SELECT @ID FMT '18L', PATH FMT '72T' FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = '<<Project>>';

SELECT SCHEMA_NAME, PATH FROM UV_SCHEMA WHERE SCHEMA_NAME = '<<Project>>';
Beware that project names are case sensitive.