Null To Value not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Null To Value not found

Post by pradkumar »

Hi

When I searched in DS help, I found a Null to Value, Null to Empty functions. But when I opened my transformer and chekced in DS Transforms under built in under Null, I found only Null To Empty.
I donot see Null to Vlaue.
Why this is happening so?

Thanks
Pradeep Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Look for NullToValue in the null handling tab of functions, you will find it there.
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

In the DS Transform, I am having only Builtin->Null->Null to Empty, Null to Zero.

In Null Handling, I am having only IsNull function but not Null to Value

Thanks
Sunil
Pradeep Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not at DS to confirm that. Why not bypass this problem and use a derivation of "IF IsNull(In.Column) THEN 'Value' ELSE In.Column"?
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

ArndW wrote:I'm not at DS to confirm that. Why not bypass this problem and use a derivation of "IF IsNull(In.Column) THEN 'Value' ELSE In.Column"?
Yep since Nulltovalue is only in parallel jobs.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Yes, I can use it. The thing I am unable to understand is why few functions are visible and few of them are not. Do we need to install any plug ins?
Pradeep Kumar
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

pradkumar wrote:Yes, I can use it. The thing I am unable to understand is why few functions are visible and few of them are not. Do we need to install any plug ins?
No, actually some functions are there in parallel and some in server and, the nulltovalue function is not there in server. There is no additional installation needed, this function is just not there for server jobs. So either you can write your own Basic routine or use Arnd's suggestion.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

pradkumar,

By looking into your first post, it seems that when you searched the DShelp, you might have found the those functions on the parallel pages but not on the server.
Thats why when you open a transformer they are all missing. :shock:
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Copy the NullToZero transform and make your own NullToValue. It takes less than two minutes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.