Warning in transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basu.ds
Participant

Warning in transformer

Post by basu.ds »

Can any one help me i got this warning what is cause for this
warning message:Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage testsummary..Transformer_1
i am trying to load the data from oracle stage to seq file.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Reset your job in the Director and there should be a new log entry titled "From Previous Run..."; look at that entry to see the actual problem.
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

andrew can you help in details because only warning message is there in log
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you reset the job? (This is done in Director - it is not recompiling. If you have recompiled you have lost the evidence, and will need to re-run the job to reproduce the problem, then reset the job.) After you have reset the job there will probably be an Informational message in the log, with subject "From previous run...".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

yes ray i was reset the job this is the log can you help me

From previous run
DataStage Job 2311 Phantom 9340
Program "JOB.1396960201.DT.1465440079.TRANS1": Line 107, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage testsummary..Transformer_17
Program "DSP.Close": Line 87, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in RT_BP2311/JOB.1396960201.DT.1465440079.TRANS1 and check the code either side of line number 107 to see what might have happened. In particular look for a reference to a subroutine whose name begins with "$".
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

waht is happening inside the transformer ? it would be better, if you share what the job is doing (you can support with a diagram of the job) please..
Share to Learn, and Learn to Share.
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

oracle stage ---->Transformer------>Seqfile

in oracle stage i used user defined query.that is giving the data at source when ever i view through the view tab.
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

And , inside transformer ? What processing is happening on the data fetched, before being written to the seq file ?
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

nothing is happening simple one to one mapping
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

One to one mapping with no conversions and no stage variables or constraints will not generate the message you are getting. Try making a copy of the job and remove output columns until the error goes away to narrow down the cause.
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

Also, try running the job with a different input data set...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any major problem will be reported as a failure of the Transformer as it is the active stage. I'd wager this is an issue with the 'user defined sql', possibly aggravated by their choice of Oracle Client version.

What exact version of the Oracle client are you using?
Last edited by chulett on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

I am using Oracle9i query is
select
SUBMISSION_ID,
sum(REC_STATUS_R) REC_STATUS_R,
sum(REC_STATUS_L) REC_STATUS_L,
sum(REC_STATUS_G) REC_STATUS_G,
sum(REC_STATUS_P) REC_STATUS_P,
sum(REC_STATUS_N) REC_STATUS_N,
sum(REC_STATUS_E) REC_STATUS_E,
sum(REC_STATUS_H) REC_STATUS_H,
sum(REC_STATUS_I) REC_STATUS_I,
sum(REC_STATUS_J) REC_STATUS_J,
sum(REC_STATUS_M) REC_STATUS_M,
sum(REC_STATUS_T) REC_STATUS_T,
sum(TOTAL_ERROR_WEB),
TOTAL_ERROR_LCL,TOTAL_ERROR_GLB,
sum(OVERWRITTEN) REC_OVERWRITTEN,
sum(DELETED) REC_DELETED
FROM (SELECT SUBMISSION_ID,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'R' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_R,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'L' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_L,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'G' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_G,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'P' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_P,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'N' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_N,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'H' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_H,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'I' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_I,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'J' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_J,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'M' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_M,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'E' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_E,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'T' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_T,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'E' AND ERROR_IND=1 AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) TOTAL_ERROR_LCL,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'E' AND ERROR_IND IS NULL AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) TOTAL_ERROR_GLB,
COUNT(CASE WHEN OVERWRITE_IND = 1 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) OVERWRITTEN ,
COUNT(CASE WHEN DELETE_INDICATOR =1 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) DELETED ,0 TOTAL_ERROR_WEB
FROM WEB_LOCAL_EMPLOYEE_DATA WHERE
RECORD_STATUS IN ('R', 'L', 'G', 'P', 'N', 'E', 'H', 'I', 'J', 'M', 'T')
AND CREATED_ON BETWEEN (SYSDATE-180) AND (SYSDATE) GROUP BY SUBMISSION_ID
UNION
SELECT SUBMISSION_ID,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'E' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_E,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'T' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) REC_STATUS_T,
COUNT(CASE WHEN OVERWRITE_IND = 1 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) OVERWRITTEN ,
COUNT(CASE WHEN DELETE_INDICATOR =1 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) DELETED ,
COUNT(CASE WHEN RECORD_STATUS = 'E' AND OVERWRITE_IND = 0 AND DELETE_INDICATOR =0 THEN RECORD_ID ELSE NULL END) TOTAL_ERROR_WEB
FROM WEB_LOCAL_EMPLOYEE_DATA_TEMP WHERE
RECORD_STATUS IN ('E', 'T')
AND CREATED_ON BETWEEN (SYSDATE-180) AND (SYSDATE) GROUP BY SUBMISSION_ID)
group by SUBMISSION_ID ,TOTAL_ERROR_LCL,TOTAL_ERROR_GLB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in RT_BP2311/JOB.1396960201.DT.1465440079.TRANS1 and check the code either side of line number 107 to see what might have happened. In particular look for a reference to a subroutine whose name begins with "$". (You may have overlooked this earlier.)