How to get the number of rows which are updated by my job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandra63
Participant

How to get the number of rows which are updated by my job

Post by sandra63 »

Hi all,

I have a problem. I must get the number of rows which are really updated and inserted in database by a job.
I haven't a way to identify which rows are updated (I haven't a date for this in example.)
I must then insert this number in the database.

Have you any idea to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

If there is no indicator in the target table of who/when each row was updated, then the best that DataStage can do would be to report the number of rows that were sent to the database, and the number that were rejected by the database (you have to design for this with a "driver Transformer" stage immediately preceding the database stage). The difference between the two *should* be the number of rows updated, if the input link was set to "update existing rows only".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to get the number of rows which are updated by my jo

Post by veera24 »

sandra63 wrote:Hi all,

I have a problem. I must get the number of rows which are really updated and inserted in database by a job.
I haven't a way to identify which rows are updated (I haven't a date for this in example.)
I must then insert this number in the database.

Have you any idea to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.
hi,
If u wan insertion n updation count individually means den u shud ve some fields like timestamp etc.. in DB thereby u cud easily find the number of rows inserted n updated at a particular time by a partricular person.Meanwhile. if u wan jus the total count den u can use RoGetLinkCount in transformer stage.

Thanks,
Veera
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you would re-phrase your last post in English, so that I can understand it, then I might be able to offer some cogent advice. I do not understand your post as it is written. DSXchange is NOT a mobile telephone.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.