Jobs not running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I recall something similar happened to me but I cannot remember what the cause was.
- Try using "dsjob -run -mode NORMAL {proj} {job}" to see if your new job will run
- Create a new project and see if you can create/compile/run jobs. If not, then a full re-install is going to be your quickest path
47shailesh
Participant

Post by 47shailesh »

I followed Same procedure to refresh Devlopment Enviroment from Prod for same Project. In devlopment each job is workinh fine..

Is there any issue with the PH files ??
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, the &PH& directory and contents aren't germane to this issue.

Did you create a new project on this machine and see if you can get jobs to run in that project?
47shailesh
Participant

Post by 47shailesh »

yes creating a dummy job in a newly created project on current m/c allows me to run job :(
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Then backup the project, delete & re-create it and re-load your jobs. That is faster than trying to figure out what has gone wrong; particularly since fixing that might involve re-creating the project anyway.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chulett wrote:Drop the test project, recreate it empty and then populate it from a production export.
:wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers