Oracle Stage succeeds but do not execute all sql request

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mrekik
Participant

Oracle Stage succeeds but do not execute all sql request

Post by mrekik »

Hello everybody
I have a strange behavior (not reproducible) of Oracle stage : The same stage has 10 output links (10 different sql requests), during its execution, the job executes some links and avoids (without any reason) the others with no trace in the director.
The output of all links is stored in hashed files, the non-executed links didn't generate any hashed file ...

The status of job is success in director.

Thank for any help
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There isn't enough information for an answer in that post, unfortunately.

I am unclear on how you see that a link isn't executed - is this via the job log or because hashed files don't get created?
mrekik
Participant

Post by mrekik »

These is no explanation trace in the director (that's why I sent a post here:)).
mrekik
Participant

Post by mrekik »

These is no explanation trace in the director (that's why I sent a post here:)).
mrekik
Participant

Post by mrekik »

I verify that the hash file was not generated by checking it on the hash file directory
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

I have seen something similar over the years with all versions of Server. If the job has failed previously there may be active threads (DSD.StageRun processes) still connected to the database. Running the job again seems to "adopt" these threads and close them down without initiating its own threads. The job appears to function correctly, but the threads never actually run.

Check for active threads with "ps -ef|grep phantom" and look for your jobname. Kill everything and run again.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
mrekik
Participant

Post by mrekik »

Thank you for your feed back.

All functional flows are scheduled during the night with automatic reset in case of failure.

Is there an automatic (under windows server) solution to avoid this strange behavior.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

We're not sure exactly the nature of the problem. In the event of a job failure an automatic reset does not necessarily cleanup hung threads. To fully automate and guarantee a job is ready to run again, your processes (automated or manual) must guarantee a cleanup. In Windoze environments you're going to be challenged to script such a solution.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
mrekik
Participant

Post by mrekik »

OK, Thank you for your help
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get your DBA to check whether there are any reported failures at the Oracle end, for example "failed to start listener" or "no more listeners".

Do you get row counts (even if zero) reported on all ten output links?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.