Unable to open Administrator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

casedwgroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to open Administrator

Post by casedwgroup »

I am currently unable to open the Administrator client due to the "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch" error. I have looked at the other posts regarding this issue, and am still unable to resolve it.

The server is on a Solaris box, and I have stopped and restarted it.

The client is 7.5, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. Client machine is on Windows XP SP2.

I can open the other applications for all but one project. If I try to open any other application to that project, I get the same error. I tried re-indexing the affected project through DS.TOOLS, but that did not work. I would just delete the project and recreate it with a backup, but I can't open Administrator to do so.

I was in all the applications earlier today, running jobs, changing parameters, deleting jobs, and generally having a grand ol' time. I then used the multi-client manager to switch to version 7.1 to do some work on another server. When I switched back to 7.5, I was greeted with these errors. I have tried switching back and forth again through the multi-client manager, but that did not work either.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to proceed from here?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Honestly, for MCM issues and run-time error problems like that, I'd suggest you contact your official Support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the 7.5 client?

Do you have the DataStage patch for XP sp2 installed?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
casedwgroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by casedwgroup »

I have tried uninstalling all DataStage products, and reinstalling 7.5, and it did not help. I also have the patch installed.

I tried on another machine, and I got the same errors (Administrator doesn't open, all other applications open except on one project). So, I don't think it's related to the client machine.

I'm putting in a call to IBM/Ascential support, and I'll update this with whatever resolution I end up with.

If anyone has any suggestions in the mean time, feel free to share.
casedwgroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Update

Post by casedwgroup »

FYI, I finally got this situation resolved by reinstalling the server through the maintenance menu that pops up when you run the install script on a machine that already has DataStage installed.

Chances are, the issue is related to an uninstallation of Business Objects XI from the same server. Either that uninstall script deleted something that DS needed, or the UNIX admin accidentally deleted something that DS needed, or DS got corrupted by him killing some processes that needed to killed to uninstall Business Objects.

At any rate, running a reinstall appears to have solved all the problems.