Inserting in to Multiple worksheets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Inserting in to Multiple worksheets

Post by cosec »

Hi,

I am trying to write in to multiple worksheets in an excel file and have an error such as the following :

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

The design is that 5 output links coming out of a DB2 stage are writing in to the same excel worksheet but different spread sheets (using ODBC).

When there is one output link I have no error. Anything more than that I am getting the error.

Any suggestions to get it working would be appreciated...Thank You.
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Try to fill one sheet after the other....
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
MOHAMMAD.ISSAQ
Participant

Post by MOHAMMAD.ISSAQ »

You can do it by saving your Excel workbook in .csv format and give each sheet a different file name.
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

i think it should create new .csv file for each of file creation link or transformation.
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

It seems the only option I have at the moment is to write in to a spread sheet at a time.......
sachin1 wrote:i think it should create new .csv file for each of file creation link or transformation.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why do you say "at the moment"? Do you have some inkling that Microsoft is going to change the way it works?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

That I am not too sure but from your answer I guess it's not possible to do what I want...Thanks !
ray.wurlod wrote:Why do you say "at the moment"? Do you have some inkling that Microsoft is going to change the way it works?
edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by edward_m »

Cosec,

Are you able to write into spread sheet..if yes please let me know which update action did you use? Thanks..