How to disable NLS configuration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rohitchattar
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to disable NLS configuration

Post by rohitchattar »

We don't want to use NLS functionality for prticular project.please suggest how we can disable the same.

I am able to do it in job level. i have change in the job property

default map to the stage :- NONE
default locale category :- default.

Please suggest how we can do the same in project level.
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

Job level NLS settings will overwrite the project level or the DataStage level NLS settings..

So I believe, you have 2 more places for NLS configurations...
1st: Project level : Launch the DS Administrator, select your project, click on NLS tab, and specify the desired NLS map

2nd: DataStage level : Launch the DS Administrator, in the General tab, click on NLS tab and specify the desired settings..

HTH.
Share to Learn, and Learn to Share.
rohitchattar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rohitchattar »

But when we will change the seting in DataStage level that will be applicable for all the projects.Please correct me if i am wrong.

We want to use NLS functionality in some other project .
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

see...setting at DataStage level is helpful, in the case if u create a new project, then by default, it will be created with the DataStage level NLS settings... Anyhow, you may then overwrite the NLS settings at Project level...

So , in your case you should be setting it at the Project level... change the NLS only for your project...
:)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NLS is either ON globally (all projects) or OFF globally. You need the former. NLS can not be disabled on a per-project basis, which is one of the reasons that the pseudo-map NONE exists. If this map is set, then no mapping occurs. Set project default maps and locales within the project properties dialog in the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

Please mark the topic as "Resolved" if the issue is reolved :)