Error in viewing the data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkdatastage
Participant

Error in viewing the data

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi

I am trying to view data from a DRS Stage table configured to connect to Oracle 10g database - I am encountering this error
----
Error calling subroutine: DSD.Browse (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project Dev_OP
----
After this message it is prompting " Data source is empty "

But actually there are 10 records in the table when i had executed the select statement in SQL prompt. I had used the same SQL query which was genereated by the DRS Stage.

Kindly share your ideas

Thanks in advance

Regards
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Whatever the error was in the data browser it has prevented the return of rows from the table, hence the "is empty" message. You need to involve your support provider who can ascertain what action #3 for the helper routine DSD.Browse is, and thereby narrow the focus of your investigation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

To help diagnose - does this happen with all attempts to view Oracle data? Just this one job? Just this one query? Just this one table? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi All
Thanks for your response.

I had tried to read the data from the table with another job and it is provinding all the information. Till now i am analyzing that there are some locking issue with the table , but now i am able to read the data from the particualar table . But when i try to read data from my previous job it has the same error. What are the chances that the job may corrupted or any thing i am missing while identifying the problem.

Kindly giude me

Thanks in advance

RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Unlikely that the job is corrupted; far more likely that one of the properties in the Oracle stage is not set quite right.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.