Failed to create hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kishore2456
Participant

Failed to create hash file

Post by kishore2456 »

Hi All,
We have a scheduled job, which started failing from only past 3 days. The log says failed to create hash file. I didnt understand why it is unable to create all of sudden. The user is having write permisssions to the file. Pls let me know what are the other reasons can be
FD
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Is the hashed file externally pathed or defaulting to the project? Does the directory exist? Does the userid have access to the directory? Please post the exact error message and how the hashed file is being created.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's "hashed" file, not "hash" file.

What's changed since it worked? ("Nothing" is not the correct answer.)

Is/was the disk full at the time? Does the user have appropriate permission to all the directories in the path, all the way from the root of the file system?

Once you find what changed, don't neglect to allocate blame and update your system documentation to prevent future occurrences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kishore2456
Participant

Post by kishore2456 »

Hi,

The file has to be created in a path only. User is having access to the path. There is enough memory in the disk. The error is "can not create file /opt/sp310/pi/hash/PIPO_01". Here /opt/sp310/pi/hash/PIPO_01 is the path of the folder where hash file has to be created. What can be the other reasons
FD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No it's not. /opt/sp310/pi/hash/ is the pathname of the folder. That's what you should have in the Directory field. PIPO_01 is the name of the hashed file that will be created in that folder. This is in the File Name field of the Hashed File stage.

Yes, a folder called PIPO_01 (containing files called DATA.30, OVER.30 and .Type30) will be created, but you have to set it up as indicated above.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kishore2456
Participant

Post by kishore2456 »

Yes Ray,

You are right /opt/sp310/pi/hash/ is the path and PIPO_01 is the name of the file. But can you tell me it was failed to create the file
FD
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

login as the user in question, change to that directory, and "touch" a file to test if you truly have permissions to that directory
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle