How to read TAB delimited files using Folder Stage ??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Riku
Participant

How to read TAB delimited files using Folder Stage ??

Post by Riku »

Dear Friends,

My problem is as follows:

I have a folder where there are more than one input file (the file structure being the same for all). I want to consolidate the content of all the files into one, after segregating the content of each file into its respective columns/fields. But how do I do it when each of the input files is TAB delimited ????......................Please help..............It's very urgent..............Thanks to all of you in advance!!
Riku
nivas
Participant

Post by nivas »

Using ExecDOS before job routine concatenate all the files using DOS command , then with in the job use the sequential stage to read the concatenated file.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

A DOS copy command will merge the files. copy file_a + file_b + file_c file_all will merge them into one file. The Folder stage puts the full contents of a file into one row, each file being a row of input, something I don't think you want.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It would be more efficient to use a Sequential File stage, with the COPY command added to it as a Filter command. The Sequential File stage reads the output of the Filter command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.