Look up in Server Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pratik.470
Participant

Look up in Server Job

Post by pratik.470 »

Hi,

How can i perform look up operation in a server job as the look up stage is deactivated in my server job pallete.(os: Windows.DS 7.5)

If some one can advise..

Thanks
Pratik.
Pratik Mondal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. Lookup stage only pertains in parallel jobs. In server jobs you use a Transformer stage to perform lookups.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pratik.470
Participant

Look up in Server Job

Post by pratik.470 »

Ray,

Its absolute pleasure joining this forum.

If u can give me some clue regarding, if i wanna do the lookup stuff through transformer stage, what are the things(radio buttns to click/option to choose) that i must use in transformer stage.

An example would be a great help.

Thanks
Pratik.
Connectiva systems.
Pratik Mondal
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

pratik,

there are so many options on how lookups are done in server jobs that no post could answer them. The best thing is to read the chapter on lookups in the server guide and if anything remains difficult to understand then you could post the questions here.
pratik.470
Participant

Look up in Server Job

Post by pratik.470 »

Ray,

Thanks & I agree with you, lemme configure the same would come up in a day or two.

Mean while can you pls help me on configuring px job in windows.
I'm using
1.windows 2003 Server,Standard edition with .net installed for c++ compiler
2.Using DataStage 7.5
3.sample parallel job(Source :oracle table;transformation:Auto column match;Target:Oracle table)
4.error:the job is getting compiled but during validation showing'job type not configurable on this platform'
5.my guess the ds engine is unable to read the .apt file

can u send me some checklist/or kind of steps to configure parallel job on windows.also let me know wheather ds7.5 is compitable or not.

Thanks
Pratik.
Pratik Mondal
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Pratik,

a) This is a completely different question from the thread.
b) This is a PX/EE question, but this thread is in a Server forum
c) What exact version of DataStage on Windows do you have? There is only one version that will allow PX jobs to run, and from the error message it seem that you don't have it installed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Every input link you draw to a Transformer stage after the first is a reference input link; it will be drawn with a dashed line. A reference link requires you to provide a Key Expression in the Transformer stage; the value generated by this expression is sent to the stage on the other end of the reference input link and any row having that value as key is returned. If no row has that value as key then NULL is returned for every field mentioned on the reference input link.

As to your parallel job question, as Arnd noted it belongs in the forum for parallel jobs, not in this forum.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pratik.470
Participant

Look up in Server Job

Post by pratik.470 »

Ray,

tomorrow i will update you regarding the ds version (px job) that i'm using.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Thanks
Pratik.
Pratik Mondal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And tomorrow we'll tell you that since you are not using 7.5x2 you can develop PX jobs on Windows but not run them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
APT.Minhajuddin
Participant

Post by APT.Minhajuddin »

Looks like the OP is obssessed with Ray ;)

He sees Ray even when ArndW is answering :!:
pratik.470
Participant

Post by pratik.470 »

Minhajuddin,

Thanks..man.Your eyes are compareable with that of 007 guy :)

ArndW: Thanks for your comments on lookup & px job.

Hope everything is now in sink :D

Thanks
Pratik.
Pratik Mondal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You tell us. I thought you were going to post the exact version of DataStage you are running?

ps. 'Sink' is where dirty dishes go, you mean 'sync'. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pratik.470
Participant

Look up in Server Job

Post by pratik.470 »

Its datastage 7.5 Enterprise Edition/standalone machine with ds client & server installed with user count=1/as per release note parallel job can be configured in win2003server standard edition/while viewing data in source stage & during validation,'This job type is not currently runnable on this platform'-this error is coming.

Pls share your thoughts.

Thanks.
Pratik.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is exactly because you have version 7.5, not version 7.5x2

Version 7.5x2 is the only version prior to version 8 that can run parallel jobs on any Windows platform.

Note that version 7.5x2 is not the same as version 7.5.2.
pratik.470
Participant

Look up in Server Job

Post by pratik.470 »

From where can i get the exact version info from the application itself ? i checked all(ds administrator/manager/designer) from help>about; but not getting the info.

I think its Data Stage 7.5, is this the version just before that of ds 7.5x2?
During installation it asked for Enterprise Edition code so i guess its the Enterprise version.

As per release note also,parallel job can be compiled with this version in windows but to run the job Unix env is required.

So it seems parallel job on windows is not runuable with this version, infact i just wanted to make it clear to someone who actually demanded of doing it otherwise with 7.5.

Thanks
Pratik.