compilation dscc

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

compilation dscc

Post by mystuff »

if we use

Code: Select all

dsjob -import
then does it make sense to use dscc to compile?? as dsjob -import , obtains only executables and executables are created from object code (after compilation) and linked libraries (I presume the answer is No, but still would like to confirm before I proceed with the design)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why did you bother buying DataStage, if you're going to script everything?!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

The group, which will be handling the code transfer to production is not going to have any datastage experience + security concerns requires that everything should be automated and no source code should be availabe in production.

Even I am boggled with the requirements. But I wasn't able to talk through the management procedures :(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How are you planning on compiling anything without the source being available? As you noted in your first post, that doesn't really make any sense.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

If you are looking for a tool, that does import and compile from a windows command line you should concern "dsmove".
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam