Issue with webservices pack

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aladap12
Participant

Issue with webservices pack

Post by aladap12 »

Hi all

Once again with my problem

Here we are you using datastage 7x server jobs with webservices pack

we are using webservices client as source and connecting to website(we pick up source data from website) and transfrom that data and loading into our staging table. This my first sequecer job , in the we have 7 different service operation that are loading into 7 tables.

our job design skelton is like

webservices client---->xml input--->flatfile---->transformer----->oracletab

And form there our second sequencer starts. this will reformat the data and sending data to MQ series.. Consits set of 7 jobs based on our business requirements

Mainly both the sequencer jobs are schedule every morning with a time gap of 15 mins.. and source side they had a automated programme that
runs everyday to upload data into webservices.

Secondly my problem is .Some time there is a problem in loading the data into webservice (at source side ) and their programme stops in the middle of loading. so we are getting in cosnsitent data with our first sequenser job.

is there any solution in datastage where my job waits till the completion of the loading and make sure that data is loaded properly and then start
sequnecer job to pick up the data

Hope u understan my problem.

Thanks in advance :idea:
krishna R
krishna.padalavkr@gmail.com
Morrisville, PA-19067
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would think the short answer is 'no' and that that burden lies squarely on the shoulders of the web service. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Right.... the Web Service ought to send back something telling you that all is not ready......

...or better yet, have the remote location (where the Web Service and the data are) be the controller..... let "them" start the DataStage process/sequence when everything is ready..... dsjob will work, or else consider using RTI and making your job into a Service, if the other location is SOA savvy.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>