sub sequence aborted but the main sequence didn't

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

major
Premium Member
Premium Member

sub sequence aborted but the main sequence didn't

Post by major »

Hi ,

While i am running the master sequence , a job in subsequence aborted but master sequence didn't aborted and finished fine.Any solution will be appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's because the 'subsequence' didn't abort, I'd wager. That must happen first, then depending on the main Sequence design it could abort as well and all be restartable.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deva
Participant

Re: sub sequence aborted but the main sequence didn't

Post by deva »

Hi,
Please verify your sequence design. use "uttility abort log" routine and set up the trigger correctly.

the result is if sub sequencer is fail your main sequencer also will fail
major wrote:Hi ,

While i am running the master sequence , a job in subsequence aborted but master sequence didn't aborted and finished fine.Any solution will be appreciated.
deva
Participant

Post by deva »

Hi,
Please verify your sequence design. use "uttility abort log" routine and set up the trigger correctly.

deva
Participant

Post by deva »

Hi,

thamark
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thamark »

Major,

Check if you have selected following property at the job sequence property level.

Automatically Handle Activities that fail.
Hmm i will fill this when ever i get one
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

Verify in your master sequence that the activity stage calling the sub sequence has a failed trigger and does NOT have an unconditional trigger.

The default trigger colors of DataStage Designer do not give enough visual clues. I suggest changing the wraning trigger to yellow, and the otherwise trigger to bright green.

After changing the colors, reopen your job and investigate your trigger settings.

Even if your sub sequence aborts, your master sequence may not abort unless you invoke a terminiation activity stage. However, you may not want your master sequence to abort if it is scheduled. Aborting leaves a sequence in a non-runnable state that must be reset before the scheduler will start it. I prefer the master sending an email when the sub sequence aborts, rather than aborting itself.
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

I resolved it .Thanks for all