MS SQL Server Load stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Martina
Participant

MS SQL Server Load stage

Post by Martina »

On our test server I use MS SQL Server Load stages to Bulk load data from DB2 to SQL Server in a number of jobs. I have exported these jobs and imported it on our Production server, and without changing anything other than the connection to the correct DB2 database, I now get the errors:

MS_SQL_Server_Load_7: Internal error: IDBInitialize->Initialize() failed.
MS_SQL_Server_Load_7: Failed to establish datasource connection

Does anybody have any idea how this can be solved?

Since there is no connection made to SQL Server, setting up a trace on SQL Server is of no use...
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Is your production server a separate machine than the machine from which you exported these jobs?

All work in DataStage takes place in the DataStage server. So moving to a new server will imply re-configuring these connections for DataStage to work.

As it raises 'initialize' error, you can start looking at dsenv file (available under the DSEngine directory).

Depending on how you do the load to SQL Server db, you may need to install and configure other libraries.
Arunachalam
Participant

Re: MS SQL Server Load stage

Post by Arunachalam »

I hope that you had resolved the problem. I am getting the same error now. can you pass me the solution.

Thanks for your time !
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the production system have a system or file DSN that points to the correct SQL Server instance?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Martina
Participant

Post by Martina »

I am at a different client now, but as I remember well, it had something to do with the ODBC connection from the production server to the SQL Server.
Arunachalam
Participant

Post by Arunachalam »

Yes. You are correct. It works now after I changed the parameters! Thanks Guys for your valuable time !
quiztime
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by quiztime »

I just had the same error message and it turned out to be because the login in SQL server that I had created had a security policy with "expire password at first login" turned on.

In other words the error message seems to be a bit generic and can represent a variety of parameter/login problems.
First make it run, then make it right and then make it fast.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. That may be a useful snippet of knowledge for future searchers: thank you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.