before job subroutine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Arthur
Participant

before job subroutine

Post by Arthur »

Hi!

How to create a before job subroutine that will handle bunch of DML statements and stored porcdures.

Thanks in advance!
--ArThUr
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the Routines branch of your Repository create a new routine and ensure that its type is Before/After Subroutine.

Within the subroutine, code in DataStage BASIC and use the BASIC SQL Client Interface, or BCI, functions to mimic operation of the ODBC API.

Search the forum for examples.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Arthur
Participant

Post by Arthur »

Hi!ray.wurlod

I have created a user defined before job subroutine. I want to know how to embed stored procedures and SQL DML statements in a single before job sub routines.
--ArThUr
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You use SQLExecDirect() or SQLExecute() (for prepared SQL) functions.

There is a lot of structure you have to set up around this, to bind parameters and bind result columns, allocate memory for managing the environment and freeing the same, connecting and disconnection, and handling errors. The suite of functions is called the BCI.

Search
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

Another way to do it is to use the After Subroutine to execute a DataStage Server job that runs the SQLs for you.
Ross Leishman