Finding Record processed status

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iamnagus
Participant

Finding Record processed status

Post by iamnagus »

I have 10 records in input file.

I extracted using sequential file stage and kept into another sequential file stage.

I want to find the Record Status for all records.

for ex, if a record is processed with Warnings it should be flagged as 'W'
if a record is processed with Errors then it should be flagged as 'E'
if a record is processed successfully then it should be flagged as 'N'.

in the target there should be another extra column(Ex: Record_Status) with the status of the records 'W','E','N'.

How to perform this process in datastage server eddition?

how to get the solution can any explain this?

Regards..
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You will need to explain how you classify an "E"rror or a "W"arning or "N" type of record. A specific example might go a long way in helping you get an answer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Several examples, indeed. What does it mean that a record is "processed successfully"? (That is, what business rules are being validated?) Under what - presumably different - scenarios does a warning or an error get generated? The typical answer will be to record the test results in stage variables, and combine them using other stage variables. But if you need something more complex, such as dynamic late-bound business rules that in turn depend upon the data values, then clearly a more complex solution involving one or more routines will be required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.