Could not get current wave number

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kab123
Participant

Could not get current wave number

Post by kab123 »

Hi All - This is regarding the error which was already been discussed in the forum
Error: "[b]Batch::RunJobEngine..JobControl (fatal error from DSRunJob): Job control fatal error (-99)
(DSRunJob) Could not get current wave number for job"[/b].
I have searched the forum and got different views from each one..
some say, to increase the parameter value for T30 file which I did and didn't work for me.
Some said, to clear the status file which also didn't work for me.
I hope one last thing I found is to contact Ascential which I am going to do at last. But did anybody come across this issue after those postings..any suggestions or advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you recompile the job(s) in question that should reset the wave numbers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kab123
Participant

Post by kab123 »

previously when the job failed, I compiled it and I used to get the same error on a different job. Now, I have compiled all the jobs in the folder and it worked fine.. thanks ray
do you suggest to compile the jobs frequently or every day before the batch is kicked off..?
can you please tell me what exactly created the problem. I was thinking the limit for hash table has exceeded ot it is was full or so ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code 99 means "unknown error" or "other error". It follows that neither I nor anyone else can tell you "exactly what created the problem". Have you asked your official support provider? Limits (various) are usually more exactly reported.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.