DataStage Warning.....

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akhila.chitti
Participant

DataStage Warning.....

Post by akhila.chitti »

Hello,

I am trying to run a load job, writing the data from a fixed-width seq file to the table. In my job, 2 of my columns in the file are Char by nature and when getting loded into the table, they become Numeric by nature. The job runs fine but tends to generate a warning:

Program "JOB.208035487.DT.1458444514.TRANS1": Line 122, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.

Is it becos of the change in the metadata that i get this message? If so, what is the optimal solution to handle this?

Thanks in advance,
Akhila.
Akhila Chitti
Software Engineer
HSBC, GLT.
Hyd.
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi,

The Error says that the data (input data ) is coming as nonnumeric please look into the data once again. Since it didn't find the numeric data it is converting or defaulting to ZERO.

It should be some prob with the data. As such server job's will not give such prob.

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi,

The Error says that the data (input data ) is coming as nonnumeric please look into the data once again. Since it didn't find the numeric data it is converting or defaulting to ZERO.

It should be some prob with the data. As such server job's will not give such prob.

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: DataStage Warning.....

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

akhila.chitti wrote: In my job, 2 of my columns in the file are Char by nature and when getting loded into the table, they become Numeric by nature. The job runs fine but tends to generate a warning:
you just cant load a char into an integer, you need to handle the spaces if any or check for any alphabetic or non-numeric characters.

from your error message, it seems that you got an non-numeric character in one of the CHAR fields.