UTF Data Format Exception while handling XML i/p

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basav_ds
Participant

UTF Data Format Exception while handling XML i/p

Post by basav_ds »

UTF Data Format Exception, while trying to move xml data from XML i/p stage to sequential file stage. The xml tags are appearing as strange encoded symbols in sequential output file.

The exact error msg is :
Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 1, column: 1): An exception occurred! Type:UTFDataFormatException, Message:Exceede bytes limits
, 6-byte sequence.

I am reading XML message from DS MQ stage to XML I/p stage. The xml file looks like this.
<xml>
<BO BOType="SO">
<Order OrderNo="92345">
<OrderLine LineNo="2">
</OrderLine>
</Order>
</BO>
</xml>
There i am seperating out first element of xml i.e BOType by writing /xml/BO/@BOType in Description Seq Stage.

field.
I also want the rest of XML file to be my second column to be passed to the Sequential file stage. For that i am specifying /xml/BO in description.
After execution, i am getting only "SO" in BOType column and Second column containing xml is having "92345" , "2" with some encoded square symbols.

Please can any one help me in this regard :) :) :)
I never let school to interfere in my education
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's highly likely that you need the fix for XML...asuming you are doing this in v8. Ttwo key issues for this patch are a namespace error (which you aren't getting here) and the fact that chunks of xml have all of their tags removed and are mis-interpretted. There may be more to this, but at the very least, I would bet that you need to get in touch with support and obtain fix 117664 at a minimum.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...and fyi.... if you have /xml/BO/ you'll get the whole of BO....if you just want "the rest" of the document without BO, choose /xml/BO/Order/ for the other column.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>