Job is Aborting with Insufficient System Resources

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satish1972
Participant

Job is Aborting with Insufficient System Resources

Post by satish1972 »

The problem I've is that my production job is aborting with error message called
'ds_seqgetnext: Win32 error in ReadFile - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service'

At the server side Memory and Hardware Configuration resources are sufficient.
so what whoul be the problem..can u pls suggest ....

Thanks
Sat
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

find out all the phantom processes and kill all of them ,then try to run ur job
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clearly at the server side Memory and Hardware Configuration resources are NOT sufficient, at the time when that error occurs. You may, for example, have run out of file units for that process. You may have had too many processes running at that time. Checking resources afterwards contributes nothing to the argument.

I must violently disagree with the advice given by singhald. It is NEVER good practice to kill DataStage phantom processes with kill commands; you should always use the utilities provided with DataStage. In version 8 this means finding the processes in your WAS console, and notifying them there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.