Decimal Separator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Decimal Separator

Post by asitagrawal »

Hi,

The existing Datastage server (7.5.1A, server edition) is installed on Windows 2000. The NLS (UTF - 8 ) is enabled for it.

I have now installed Datastage server (7.5.2, server edition) on another Windows 2000 machine. The NLS (UTF - 8 ) is enabled for it.

I have imported a job from 7.5.1A to 7.5.2. The job uses a DRS stage, accessing DB2 UDB data. When I use View Input Data option on 7.5.1A, then the decimal separator is (.) Dot BUT when I view it on 7.5.2, the decimal separator changes to (,) Comma !!

I have searched the forum for some soultion.. but all of them suggest to use CONVERT or EREPLACE functions..

Please advice me.
Share to Learn, and Learn to Share.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NLS consists of two pieces - the character map (e.g UTF-8) and the locale. The locale is a means for representing different categories of data according to local expectations. The five categories are TIME (dates and times), NUMERIC, CURRENCY, CHARACTER (casing and categories) and COLLATE (sorting rules). I suspect your NUMERIC or CURRENCY locale is set to a European setting.

Project-wide settings are made in Administrator client; these defaults can be overridden at the job or stage level.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

Hi Ray,

I have verified the locales for all 5 categories... all are set to US-ENGLISH.
Share to Learn, and Learn to Share.