JOB with OCI stages hangs :Write caching disabled

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

JOB with OCI stages hangs :Write caching disabled

Post by ady »

I have a job which extracts data from a OCI stage and then does a few lookups and writes the data to Three OCI stages.

The job just hangs when I run it , the log stops at "Write caching disabled". I think something is wrong with target OCI stages . I hooked up 3 sequential files in the place of the OCI stages and the job runs great. But when I give OCI stages as targets... The job keeps running ... No rows being processed. Please Suggest what coud be wrong, does Write caching disabled mean anything?
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.

--- Bill Gates
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

For testing, replace the two target OCI stages with flat files and keep one OCI stage. If that runs fine then add another OCI stage and run again. If that runs too then I guess its the number of open connections that is allowed by your id, which is causing the problem. I think.....
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ady »

Thanks DSguru

A hashed file in the job had the wrong metadata.... correcting that solved the issue, I dont see the connection between the two but looks like everything good now !
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.

--- Bill Gates
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps the "error" was in your diagnosis - after all "write caching disabed" is a message related to Hashed File stage, not to OCI stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.