Projects getting Locked after Parallel upgrade

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Projects getting Locked after Parallel upgrade

Post by Vinodanand »

Hi All,
I connect to DataStage Server using a tunnel through the default port
31538 using F-secure shell client.

We did an upgrade from Server to Data Stage Parallel 7.5.2 and now the projects are getting locked quite frequently as it exceeds the number of allowed open connections(80).

We did not have this issue when we were using the server version 7.5.1.a.

The Serevr in which data Stage is installed has a time out set up but this has been there when we had the server version too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vinod
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you really having 80 open connections?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

Hi Ray,
The problem is that the connections are not getting terminated when the session get timed out . i.e. The unix machine times out the tunnel connection after 1 hour but the DS connection is not getting killed.

If I manually close the tunnel then the DS connection gets killed.

The main reason that this concerns me is only after upgrade we are having these issues as this was the same Unix setup in which we had 7.5.1 installed which ran without any issues.

Thanks,
Vinod
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like you need to reset the tunnel connection to a longer inactivity timeout interval.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.