Dyanamic RDBMS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raji
Participant

Dyanamic RDBMS

Post by raji »

Hi,

I am using Dyanamic RDBMS as my source and target.

How to remove the duplicates in the DYNAMIC RDBMS stage in source.

I am using the lookup in the job. I want to restrict the duplicates either in the source(Dynamic RDBMS) or in lookup stage.

Will any one please help me out.

Thanks for the help.
Raji

Nothing is impossible because impossible itself
says I'm Possible
sachin1
Participant

Re: Dyanamic RDBMS

Post by sachin1 »

hello,

in your Dynamic_RDBMS stage use "User-defined SQL" and write a sql statement like

'Select distinct column_name from your_table_name", with proper column mapping with your sql statment.

it works fine eliminating duplicate records, just try.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not even that. Just add the word DISTINCT in the Derivation cell of the first column in the Columns grid. You don't need user-defned SQL.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

yes Ray it works with a word DISTINCT in the Derivation cell of the first column in the Columns grid
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I avoid user-defined SQL wherever possible, as it's one extra level of maintenance. The only time I've ever had to use it was for a UNION.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.