Handling Out Parameter of a stored Procedure in 6.0 version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amit_111
Participant

Handling Out Parameter of a stored Procedure in 6.0 version

Post by Amit_111 »

Hi All,

I am using DataStage 6.0 version. I have to call a stored Procedure through DataStage which has a In as well as Out Parameter. The out parameter is of Ref Cursor type. I am using ODBC stage to call this Procedure since we do not have SP Stage in 6.0 version. But I am not able to handle the Out Parameter in the Job , It is giving me parameter/type mismatch error and the job is aborted.

Can anyone tell me if out parameter can be handled in 6.0 version. If yes , how can we handle it?
If No, Is there any alternative to this Problem?

Thanks in advance.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Where did you define this parameters ? I hope you had defined the parameters properly in the job properties, If not check the datatype of the parameter if it is a column definition.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

Yes, I have checked and the parameter type is same as in the Procedure But for One of the OUT parameters the type in Procedure is of Reference Cursor, which we cannot declare in DataStage so I have declared it as a varchar.
I think all the Problem is because of this reference Cursor type which is not being handled in DS, atleast in 6.0 version.
Any alternative possible to handle this reference Cursor type OUT parameter??
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Even with version 8.0.1, STP stage still cannot handle the Ref Cursor.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Handling Out Parameter of a stored Procedure in 6.0 vers

Post by chulett »

Amit_111 wrote:If No, Is there any alternative to this Problem?
Dump the SP and build the logic directly into your job. Is there something magical it is doing that can't be done in your job? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

Yes Craig, Thats surely an alternative But I guess I will have to discuss with my seniors since there is a time constraint involved............
Thanks for your replies..................