Error Handling Server edition 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nishtala
Participant

Error Handling Server edition 7.5

Post by nishtala »

Hi,

When the Datastage rejects some rows based on the erros in data types or data overflow etc, is there a way to capture those reject code and description why it is rejected.

How many different reject codes are there... is there some place in where I can find all that information.

I want to populate error table along with our staging table, it is okay to get rows rejected I just want to capture the reason for rejection.

Any input is helpful
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error Handling Server edition 7.5

Post by gateleys »

Check out LASTERR, DBMSCODE in the Output Link Variables.
gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are thousands of error codes. Your database documentation should have a manual that describes them, and probably has a utility that decodes them. For example the Oracle utility is the oerr command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nishtala
Participant

Post by nishtala »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]There are thousands of error codes. Your database documentation should have a manual that describes them, and probably has a utility that decodes them. For example the Oracle utility is the [b]oerr ...[/quote]

we have DSJS.RUNOK routine which gives the status of the job after it was run...but a numeric value like 0 or 1 or -1 etc, is there a place when I can convert them to decsriptions like PASS , FAIL , ABORT etc... my routine does capture the integer value.. I can identify when job succeeds as 1 fail as some thing else but for my decoding I need more info.. like -1 means ABC 2 means DEF etc...

I am not looking into database errors but values retured by datastage..

Any info is helpful
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

You can find that type of information in the JOBCONTROL.H file that is in the dsinclude directory of the project.

John
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or $DSHOME/include/dsapi.h
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nishtala
Participant

Post by nishtala »

[quote="ds_developer"]You can find that type of information in the JOBCONTROL.H file that is in the dsinclude directory of the project.

John[/quote]

Thanks a lot John, I found what I needed.