Abnormal termination

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashik_punar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Abnormal termination

Post by ashik_punar »

Hi all,
i am doing a server Job.The job design is as below.

Oracle OCI as source.there are 8 lookups in the job.For each lookup i am using OCI stage then hash file then all hash files are connected to Transformer.Out of eight lookup one table is having 3.5 millon records where as other 7 has less then 1 lakh.My source contain 8Lakhs records.After Transformer i am loading the records into two sequencial files then into two different tables by OCI stage.i have some reject logic applied in the transformer which is rejecting almost half of the records to a reject sequencial file.
When i am running the job with 60K records my job is running fine but when i am doing a full 8lakh records i am getting one error on director as abnormal termination from my transformer stage and my job gets abort.

I have reset the job form director and re rum but still got the same error message.
Then i thought i am giving a lot of load to my transfer so i split the 8lookups into 4 each and i used 2 transformers but still the having the same problem.
Could anybody please let me know the how to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance
Ashik Mirza
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Abnormal termination

Post by gateleys »

What happends if you remove the target OCI stages and merely load them to sequential files? Do you still get the error?
gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you reset the job from Director did you get a 'From previous run...' message in the log?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers