Multiple streams are not running in datastage server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohandl
Participant

Multiple streams are not running in datastage server

Post by mohandl »

Multiple streams are not running in datastage server for example if i ran two user defined SQL statemets thru datastage with two streams,i am getting error mesages randomly like

1.Timed out error 2. Abnormal Error 3.Incorrect VOC entry for $DS.GETPID and EACCESS permission deniend

If any body knows solution please let me know

Regards,
Mohan
MOHAN
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What stage types? From the error message it appears that the interlude to the getpid() GCI call has become corrupted. Can you look at that VOC entry in this project and another, to see whether they are different? Timed out can be due to many factors, including database locks; this is difficult to diagnose with so little information about your job design. And the error about permission denied - what stage is generating that? It could be operating system permissions, it could be database authentication, it could be all manner of things. In short, you have not provided enough information to allow us to formulate any kind of cogent diagnosis.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mohandl
Participant

Post by mohandl »

Thx Ray,for u r quick reponds,

Stage type is ODBC Stage,please tell me What is GCI and VOC where i have to find and where i have to change in Datastage to find the solution.

Regards,
Mohan
MOHAN
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Need a better idea of exactly what you are doing in your job. One ODBC stage, two output links, each one using User-Defined sql? If you use two separate ODBC stages, do they work fine?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers