Shell Script

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cnew
Participant

Shell Script

Post by cnew »

Hi! how to run a shell script from job,i kknow in job properties u select EXECSH and but wehre to give the shell script file name. pls discuuss in detail???Thanks in advance.......
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

Is this by chance for an interview?
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

May I suggest getting a little bit of training... or playing with DataStage yourself for a couple of days. The help in DataStage itself is also pretty good.

You're not going to get far by dumping all questions you think you have on DataStage on this forum.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
bkamila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Shell Script

Post by bkamila »

Create a routine to call the script.
BANA KAMILA
BI, Data Warehouse and Database Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In addition to what the others have suggested, please pay attention to maintaining professional standards of English. Not everyone reading posts here has English as a first language.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sachin1
Participant

Re: Shell Script

Post by sachin1 »

You can use EXECSH as after job routine and give entire path of the script file you want to execute.