Unable to connect database from datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinbhate
Participant

Unable to connect database from datastage

Post by vinbhate »

Hello All,

My Job design is

OCI stage ---->Transformer-----> Sequential File
am accessing Database from Client machine,but it is showing me error.

But same thing when am accesing through Toad or PL/SQL developer tool am able to access that database.

Seeing to this problem i feel that just in oracle we need TSN entry to access database in same manner do client need to put some entry for this database to access.If yes in which file i have to put? and can i put that entry from my Datastage client...Can anyone help me on this issue.....
Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Vinita,

there are few things as frustrating at DSXChange as having someone post that they are getting an error and need help in solving it - but they never post the actual error message.

Ray is still developing the "RMM" stage (read-my-mind) but that won't be available until the telepathy protocol is standardized and implemented.

Please, tell us what error you are getting.
sonal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sonal »

For accesing Database through OCI stage - u need to have Oracle 9i Clinet Installed on the DataStage server .And TNS names specified in the file for oracle client.-For more details you can refer to Oracle 9i Plug in installation guide.
sachin1
Participant

Re: Unable to connect database from datastage

Post by sachin1 »

hello,

please post your error message that will give us a clear view of what is an issue.

plus you can check your environment settings to access database from data stage client especially PATH variable.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Have you used the OCI stage before this and are just having an issue with one table / connection - or is this the first time you are attempting to do this in DataStage?

If the first time, the implication (at a bare minimum) is you haven't configured DataStage for Oracle. Worst case, it can mean you don't even have an Oracle client installed on the DataStage server.

As noted, posting your actual error would help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers