DataStage Userids and KEON on Unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Userids and KEON on Unix

Post by lgharis »

They have been installing KEON on our AIX servers over the past few months. Some of the individual ids were not able to logon after the KEON installation was complete. KEON is an LDAP based security product. It removes the need to have entries in the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files for the userids and passwords.

Here is what we have determined as requirements to be able to logon using the DataStage clients. This is for non Admin ids. This applies to DS 7.5 and 7.5.1.

1. The group id must have an entry in the /etc/group file.

2. The userid must have an entry in the /etc/passwd file.

3. The group id# must be in the /etc/passwd file for the id. It may suffice to list the user id in the group entry in the /etc/group file. All I know is that the /etc/passwd entry for our id did not have a group id# in it we could not logon. Kept getting the (39202) error at logon.

4. The passwd in the /etc/passwd file must match the password in Keon. They should not get out of sync unless someone copies the entry from another server with a diff password. Don't ask me how I know.

From what I understand, DataStage reads the /etc/passwd file and the /etc/group file. Not sure of everything it does, but I do know that it gets the password in the /etc/passwd file and uses that to logon to the server. If the Keon password and the entry in the /etc/passwd file do not match, you will never be able to logon.

I posted this because I could not find this information anywhere. I hope it helps someone. Posting this will help me to remember. :-)
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does smit update the KEON records of user IDs and passwords, or do you have to manage user IDs and passwords twice?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lgharis »

Unfortunately I am not able to answer that question. I simply told the security person what I needed and they implemented. I do not know what process they used. They are not open to letting us peons know how they do their job. :-)
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX
lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

check permissions on uvtemp directory

Post by lgharis »

Another cause of the 39202 error code. Make sure the user group has "write" permission to the directory listed as uvtemp in the uvconfig.
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX