Version Control GUI not displaying ANY jobs!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DKostelnik
Participant

Version Control GUI not displaying ANY jobs!

Post by DKostelnik »

I went on vacation and when I came back I found that the Projects Manager discovered a new and unique way to promote jobs into production that included him renaming jobs on the fly and ending up with jobs in the production project with the version number attached (^1-7) which is illegal. I ended up using DS.CHECKER which eventually got rid of all the bad jobs, but when I went back to the Version Control gui - it is totally blank. I don't know what happened and have gone so far as to restart DataStage after rerunning DS.CHECKER and DS.REINDEX ALL from the admin gui - which recongnizes that the jobs do exist in the file system (and I gues the database). Somehow the gui got "detached" from the data. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get these two married again?!?!
Doug
AAA Auto Club Group
Listen to:
Porcupine Tree
Nosound
Days Between Stations
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's an old trick but a good one.
Try to invoke Version Control but give an invalid project name as the version project. That forces it into the "select project" dialog.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DKostelnik
Participant

Post by DKostelnik »

A good try, but it didn't work. But I did turn my personal project into a VC (VietCong?) project.

If I go into DataStage Manager I can see all of the jobs and such in the VERSION version control database. I can run processes against them in the Admin tool. There is a disconnect between the gui and the actual data in the DataStage file system/Database.
Doug
AAA Auto Club Group
Listen to:
Porcupine Tree
Nosound
Days Between Stations
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try the same trick again, but this time re-selecting VERSION after the invalid project.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try the same trick again, but this time re-selecting VERSION after the invalid project.
DKostelnik
Participant

Post by DKostelnik »

I had initially tried that by entering a project that didn't exist. It had no effect. So I tried to select an existing project that wasn't a VC project. I got caught in a loop where I couldn't change the project back to VERSION.

I have IBM telling me that there is a problem with either what he is calling the internal indexes of DataStage (in the UniVerse database) OR the APM files in the VERSION project's filesystem.

He has given me two procedures to execute. One is to kick everyone off of DataStage and rerun the DS.REINDEX ALL command.

If that doesn't work (which I don't think it will), then I have to replace the APM folders in the botched VERSION project with folders from a backup taken previous to the corruption.
Doug
AAA Auto Club Group
Listen to:
Porcupine Tree
Nosound
Days Between Stations
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Running DS.REINDEX ALL in the VERSION project may be beneficial.
DKostelnik
Participant

Post by DKostelnik »

So far nothing has worked. I've followed all their instructions for two different resolutions. A am waiting for a third option...
Doug
AAA Auto Club Group
Listen to:
Porcupine Tree
Nosound
Days Between Stations
DKostelnik
Participant

Post by DKostelnik »

The Resolution:
1) Export the data out of the version control project.
2) Create a new project
3) Initialize it as a version control project
4) Import the data from the export in step 1)
5) Restore all APM_*.* files from a backup copy of the filesystem
Doug
AAA Auto Club Group
Listen to:
Porcupine Tree
Nosound
Days Between Stations