Suppress "FYI" warnings in job logs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swwilbert
Participant

Suppress "FYI" warnings in job logs

Post by swwilbert »

I have a job that updates a Federated mainframe view which does not use a "Where" clause. When we had DB2 version 7 on the DataStage server, there wouldn't be any warnings. We have our sequences set up to stop whenever any of the processes produce Warnings.

We just upgraded our DS server to version 8 and the following appeared in the log:

XXXXXX_Update..XXXXXXX_UPDATE: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0513W The SQL statement will modify an entire table or view. SQLSTATE=01504

I know many ways to "trick" the system not to write this "FYI" warning, both in DS and DB2, but I was wondering if anyone has heard this happening after an upgrade? What can be done?

Thanks in advance
Steve
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

There's no way to switch them off in DataStage, however if your DBA's are willing they can "remove" some of them from DB2 side.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.