Email Notification junk attachments

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Email Notification junk attachments

Post by vinodn »

Hi All,

I am using EMAIL Notification activity in my Sequences and I am attaching a file to the activity using a parameter.

Thing is that I am getting two files as attachments.
1) First attachment is which i required one.
2) Junk attachment which is not required (It is named as ATT2609595.txt) and it is showing some amount of size of the file. But when i try to open that attachment it shows a blank text file.

Can anyone help me out why this additional attachment is coming into the picture.

Thanks in Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is nothing to do with DataStage. It is the way that some SMTP clients work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup, I get the same with Outlook. Ask your Admins if there is anything that can be done. I generally put something in the email body telling people to simply ignore it. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

if you can use shell script for that . i can give you the unix scripts to send an email notification wiht attachement.

it is perfet shell command to send an emails.........

dee
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.