Scheduling batch jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Scheduling batch jobs

Post by shrey3a »

Hi,

I'm trying to run 2 batch jobs thru sequencer job or calling them in another batch job to run them -- trigger in sequential jobs is unconditional

Batch1-- Run all the jobs in a category
Batch 2 - Checks the status of jobs in category emails and reset the failed and aborted ones.

But first one executes fine second one shows atatus as finished but no email or reset of jobs i.e. no output.

When i run them individually they run fine.

Is there is any restriction that 2 batch jobs can not be called together from one sequencer or another batch job.

Thanks,
Munish
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Scheduling batch jobs

Post by DeepakCorning »

Wht does the log file of the second one say? Go to log message where it is suppose to send the mail and check.
Thanks
Deepak Patil

Convince Them Confuse Them .. What's the difference?
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

shrey3a wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to run 2 batch jobs thru sequencer job or calling them in another batch job to run them -- trigger in sequential jobs is unconditional

Batch 2 - Checks the status of jobs in category emails and reset the failed and aborted ones.

But first one executes fine second one shows atatus as finished but no email or reset of jobs i.e. no output.

Is there is any restriction that 2 batch jobs can not be called together from one sequencer or another batch job.

Thanks,
Munish
I think the problem is that your second batch job is failing to do what is expected of it. However, since the trigger is set to 'unconditional', the second sequence job is showing a 'Finished' (OK) status. You might want to design your sequence such that if the second batch job fails to perform its task, then it should trigger a different path. Of course, the first thing is to get your second batch job to work.
Last edited by gateleys on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
gateleys
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

No warnings

Finished Job Batch::Test.

But no output when i execute it individually it runs fine......the only problem is second job do not run both the jobs are Batch jobs.

DeepakCorning wrote:Wht does the log file of the second one say? Go to log message where it is suppose to send the mail and check.
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

I've a test enviorment in which there are 2 jobs in category ....one is designed to fail always.

Batch 1 - Runs these 2 jobs in Category
Batch 2- Check the status and emails and reset the jobs which is failed in category.

Both Batch jobs work fine when run individually but when caled in another batch job or in sequencer second one finishes but no output i.e. reset or email-- they execute sequentially in master batch job or sequencer.

[quote="gateleys"][quote="shrey3a"]Hi,

Thanks,
Munish[/quote]
I think the problem is that your second batch job is failing to do what is expected of it. However, since the trigger is set to 'unconditional', the second sequence job is showing a 'Finished' (OK) status. You might want to design your sequence such that if the second batch job fails to perform its task, then it should trigger a path. Of course, the first thing is to get your second batch job to work.[/quote]
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

I got it working seems like the status UV is not getting updated as soon as first job finishes , i ut a sleep 10 in b/w two batch jobs and its working.

Thanks again.

[quote="shrey3a"]I've a test enviorment in which there are 2 jobs in category ....one is designed to fail always.

Batch 1 - Runs these 2 jobs in Category
Batch 2- Check the status and emails and reset the jobs which is failed in category.

Both Batch jobs work fine when run individually but when caled in another batch job or in sequencer second one finishes but no output i.e. reset or email-- they execute sequentially in master batch job or sequencer.

[quote="gateleys"][quote="shrey3a"]Hi,

Thanks,
Munish[/quote]
I think the problem is that your second batch job is failing to do what is expected of it. However, since the trigger is set to 'unconditional', the second sequence job is showing a 'Finished' (OK) status. You might want to design your sequence such that if the second batch job fails to perform its task, then it should trigger a path. Of course, the first thing is to get your second batch job to work.[/quote][/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Shrey - if you are going quote everything every time you reply, at least remove the check next to 'Disable BBCode in this post' so it shows up correctly. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers