Unhandled failure encountered calling routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kausmone
Participant

Unhandled failure encountered calling routine

Post by kausmone »

Hi,

I am calling a server routine using a sequencer. The routine (named GNSJobRunOpt) executes a set of jobs by reading the list of jobs to run from a sequential file. When I executed the sequencer, it aborted giving the following error in the Director log as "Unhandled failure (21) encountered calling routine DSU.GNSJobRunOpt"

This error is being received after the last job has been executed. Note that each of the jobs that the routine executes is getting called successfully and runs successfully.

Has anyone encountered this before? I am not sure if this a very specific error, could be a very generic one.

Thanks,
Kaus
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you make sure that the Routine returns 0 (if you are using an OK or Failure trigger anything but zero is regarded as failure)? If you do need to return specific values, make sure that you handle these with triggers, rather than relying on the default (which seeks a zero versus non-zero return value).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kausmone
Participant

Post by kausmone »

You're right Ray. I hardcoded zero as the return and it worked :)

Thanks so much!

ciao,
kaus