Execute Oracle Stored Procedure(SP)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

egends
Premium Member
Premium Member

Execute Oracle Stored Procedure(SP)

Post by egends »

Hi,

I have an oracle SP and I want to execute in every 30 mins. Hoping DS should be able to handle this through the so called 'Stored Procedure' stage. But when i run it is telling that there are no output ports (why shall i define any port). Also I do not want to write a UNIX script for this, though i can.

If someone has executed this scenario only, pl. response.

I can see replies that this has been already sent across. But i didn't find anything concrete so far.

Thanks
Gupul
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

To simply run a Stored Procedure every X minutes, why not just setup an Oracle 'job' to do that? There's really no need for DataStage to do something like that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sachin1
Participant

Re: Execute Oracle Stored Procedure(SP)

Post by sachin1 »

hello can you define upper limit for your procedure, like until what date you want your procedure to run say upto say 01-01-2010 in interval of 30 mintues.

i have an idea like you define one job with stored procedure stage and call that job from other job using job control and sleep statement, hope that may help.