DATA STAGE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mcs@rajesh
Participant

DATA STAGE

Post by mcs@rajesh »

hi guys ,
can any one tell me what is the difference between a dataset and a fileset and what is the need of using these two. And one more thing i wanna add up is what is the use of filter option in sequential file and when can we use it...... :roll:
mcs@rajesh
Participant

Re: DATA STAGE

Post by mcs@rajesh »

mcs@rajesh wrote:hi guys ,
can any one tell me what is the difference between a dataset and a fileset and what is the need of using these two. And one more thing i wanna add up is what is the use of filter option in sequential file and when can we use it...... :roll:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

mcs@rajesh wrote:hi guys ,
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

Please go through Parallel developers guide where all these are documented properly. Or use search option here which might give you the details. After going through documentataion you can post the queries here so that people having experience will solve your queries.
Raghavendra
Dare to dream and care to achieve ...
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

And also as your job type specifies parallel type, your queries should go to datastage enterprise edition forum.
Raghavendra
Dare to dream and care to achieve ...
girish.rupkumar
Participant

Post by girish.rupkumar »

Hi..

Here you can specify a filter program for processing the file you are extracting data from. For example, to unzip a compressed file before reading it.
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi,

The filter option in sequntial file can be used to execute OS commands. In our project, due to space consideration the flat files are zipped. Using the filter option of the sequntial file, we unzip them using gunzip

Sai