Does only HP need SHLIB for Oracle Connectivity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

flashgordon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Does only HP need SHLIB for Oracle Connectivity

Post by flashgordon »

Hi,

I tried to search this. I got a hit on HP needing SHLIB definition for Oracle connectivity in dsenv. But does Solaris need an Oracle pointer added to SHLIB_PATH or does all it need is:

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0

?

You guys are fantastic. We are working on getting our company to buy a premium membership.

Flash Gordon
Flash Gordon
Hyperborean Software Solution
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Yes you need this in your dsenv file. You need to stop and restart DataStage when you change this file. This will allow OCI stages to work.
Mamu Kim
flashgordon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by flashgordon »

Hi,

I wanted to finish this thread for others who might be trying to do this. To connect an Oracle instance to SE Datastage you need to define Oracle home and you have to have lib32 first (thank you Ray) in the lib path.

The lib path is slightly tricky. I'm pretty sure you have to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH for Solaris and SHLIB_PATH for HP/UX. Below are two working examples, one for Solaris and one for HP/UX, both pointing at an Oracle 10g database:

HP/UX:

export ORACLE_HOME=/xxx/oracle/product/10.2.0

SHLIB_PATH=$DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:....:$SHLIB_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32
export SHLIB_PATH

Solaris:

ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/10.2.0;
export ORACLE_HOME

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/sparc/client:$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/sparc:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you get this right Oracle OCI stage will work and DRS stage will work. As is mentioned elsewhere in DSXchange "Plugin Metadata Definition" imports have problems and are unreliable but will work some of the time for your newly defined Oracle DB sources
Flash Gordon
Hyperborean Software Solution