installation enquiry

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ganges99
Participant

installation enquiry

Post by ganges99 »

Hi ther,

i got a situation which i request any to please suggest with informations

I have a DS installed on the unix server (in root A) with license X and they have a projects built in that DS. Now i want to install datastage in root B with the same license on the same server.
1.I want to know that whether it is possible

2. Also if yes wat are the errors i would likely to face in future

3. if no then wat are the reasons for not getting installed

Your help will be appreciated

regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I am not sure what you mean by "root A" and "root B" on the same server. You can install one or more DataStage instances on any given machine (with 'machine' defined as an instance of an Operating System).
The software will allow you to do this using the same license keys. Your contract with IBM does not allow you to do this unless you've explicitly put that in (and paid for it).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm guessing that the two 'roots' refer to installing the software to two different folders off of root. And while you can do this, why in the world would you want to go to the trouble? :?

There is a pdf document in your Docs directory that explains how to install more than one version at the same time on a server, I assume you could leverage that information for this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers