SQL Execute failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Latha1919
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQL Execute failed

Post by Latha1919 »

Hi,

I am having an issue with one of the sub job in a controller job. Sub job is logging Warning messages as below. Its logging warning messages only but not causing any job abort.

emailLoad..emailLoadProcess.emailLoad: DSD.BCIPut call to SQLExecute failed.
SQL statement:INSERT INTO survey_email(email_to, email_from, email_cc, email_bcc, email_subject, email_charset, email_body, ci_survey_requestor_name, ci_sce_name, ci_cc_name, ci_project_survey_close_date) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
SQLSTATE=S1009, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid argument value

email_to = "jenny.south@examhub.exch.cspss.com"
email_from = "eclient@eds.com"
email_cc = "jeremy.south@examhub.exch.cspss.com,mark.kizzar@examhub.exch.cspss.com,tim.harvey@examhub.exch.cspss.com"
email_bcc = "ServExcProductionSupport@exsc01.exch.cspss.com"
email_subject = "CSPSS Survey Request Notification"
email_charset = "iso-8859-1"
email_body =
ci_survey_requestor_name = "Anitha Sharma"
ci_sce_name = "Jenny South"
ci_cc_name = "Rajiv Joshi"
ci_project_survey_close_date = NULL

Please advise me on this. One more thing. Same project is available on another server, hence tried processing the same data. Data is processed w/o any warning messages.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks,
dsx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Supply a value for email_body.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Was wondering about that. What kind of value would leave the entry completely blank like that? It's not null or it would say NULL like it does for the date. An empty string would show a pair of double-quotes I would think.

Or is this some kind of copy/paste error? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... or use Debugger or stage tracing to figure out what value was sent to email_body column.

There used to be a bug in ODBC (2.0 from memory) where too long a string for the max length of a VarChar would exhibit this kind of reporting behaviour.

However, on closer inspection, I note that the error message comes from the ODBC Driver Manager, so we may be barking up the wrong tree completely - you will also need to test whether the particular DSN is correctly configured.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Latha1919
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Latha1919 »

When I execute this query in Query analyzer, its throwing error. However, if I modify the double quotes around the strings with single quotes, its working. Is this anything to do with double quotes??
dsx
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Obviously. :wink:

Databases seem to prefer single quoted strings.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's probably because both the SQL CAE Access Group standards and the ODBC standards specify single-quoted string literals.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, there you go - it's one of them pesky standards. :D
-craig

Latha1919
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Latha1919 »

That's probably because both the SQL CAE Access Group standards and the ODBC standards specify single-quoted string literals.
How this issue needs to be handled?

The same project is successfully running on Windows 2000 server, no warning messages & no insert fail statements at all. We are finding the issue only on Win 2003 server. Any suggestions.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All complaints to billg@microsoft.com then. DataStage engineers can not be responsible for differences between the way the two Microsoft products work.
Latha1919
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Latha1919 »

I agree with you, but is there a work around for this issue?