No logs seen in DataStage Director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amit_111
Participant

No logs seen in DataStage Director

Post by Amit_111 »

Hi All,

I have two Problems :

1) I want to send an email Notification to two e- mail Ids through Email Notification Activity ina sequencer. I tried it using a comma, semi-colon, single space as a seperator between two mails but it didn't worked.
Please let me know if it is possible in 6.0 , if not is there any alternative.

2) I executed a sequencer through a Unix script. The sequencer executed and also executed the sub - jobs in which one of the sub-jobs failed but when I checked its log in DataSTage Director it showed no entries(0 entries filled). Similar thing happened with the other successfully executed Jobs no logs present. Why couldnt I see the Logs??

Please Help.
Thanks in advance.
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

The above problem I mentioned are in Unix and not in windows.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

1. 6.x was too long ago to recall if it supported it or not. You can always use a contact group email, and that's a better idea anyway.

2. Filtered?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

1) Is it posssible in sequencer? I have no idea about it. it would be better if u throw some light on it.

2)yes ...its been filtered to view logs of last ran only.........even if i removed it there were no logs seen.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

1. Try it, let us know. I can't say for 6.x but it works fine in the 7.x releases. :?

2. Did the job actually run? Or did the Sequence abort because the job wasn't runnable? Silly question, but are you sure you are looking at the right job?
-craig

baigdw
Participant

Re: No logs seen in DataStage Director

Post by baigdw »

1) Try using the Group as it works on 7.1 and earlier , you cannot send multiple e mails from 7.1 and earlier versions.
2) Some time if the jobs status files are scattered, the logs are not displayed in the Director. Try indexing through the ds commands for the project and run your job again. :)
:P
Baig
Nothing is Impossible in this world. TRY ..try till you Succeed.
Rea_Antony
Participant

Post by Rea_Antony »

Hi.
I'm sorry but I didnt understand what is meant by the 'Group' with respect to the Email Notification Activity.
Can some one please explain what this means.
Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Perhaps you are used to another name for it, but it simply means a 'virtual' address that is a collection of addresses - a group of people who can be notified using a single email address. That way it doesn't take a job change or any ETL involvement to change who gets notified.

Outlook calls it a 'Distribution List', for example.
-craig

Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

Hi All,

I can see the logs now....But i have done nothing to solve this issue.....the Only thing I have done is changed the filter from "Last Run" to "2 days earlier". And as far as e-mail notification is concerned I am now sending a mail to only a single ID.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Of course you have done something:
Amit_111 wrote:the Only thing I have done is changed the filter from "Last Run" to "2 days earlier".
A filter problem all along. One way to tell is to look in your 'status' line, the bottom of the Director pane where it lists 'Log for job: JobName'. It will show the number of entries displayed and if a filter is on:

58 Entries
14 Entries (Filtered)

I really don't use the 'From' or 'Through' filters, just 'Limit' mine to the last X at times when the volume is high. Most of the time I have no filter in effect.

Please mark your post as Resolved now.
-craig

Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

Thanks Craig....