DataStage Telnet service does not start

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Telnet service does not start

Post by hboekel »

I am trying to install DataStage server (version 7.5.1.a) on a Windows XP (SP2) machine. The installation procedure is doing just fine up to the point where it asks whether it should start the services.

The problem is that the DataStage Telnet Service does not start. When looking at the Windows error log i see the following error message:

DataStage error: Unable to bind socket to telnet port. WSA error: 10038.

(The windows Telnet service is disabled)
I
have done this type of installation before but never run accross this error.

There were other products like ProfileStage, AuditStage and QualityStage installed on the same machine. To see whether they caused a conflict i removed those applications but there was no effect whatsoever.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
srinagesh
Participant

Post by srinagesh »

I think Microsoft telnet services is not started on windows box.

Try to start the telnet service (if its not already started) and then restart the Datastage Service
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hboekel »

srinagesh wrote:I think Microsoft telnet services is not started on windows box.

Try to start the telnet service (if its not already started) and then restart the Datastage Service
I thought the Microsoft Telnet service had to be stopped / disabled. But anyway, i tried it but it did not solve the issue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Something is using port #23. Find out what it is and halt it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hboekel »

ray.wurlod wrote:Something is using port #23. Find out what it is and halt it.
I found that the software for my Vodafone Mobile Connect Broadband data card is probably causing some kind of conflict. After uninstalling this software i was able to start the DataStage Telnet service succesfully.