Status code = -3 DSJE_BADPARAM

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Hi,

Im running the DS job sequencer through shell script with passing some parameters.

When I pass a parameter which is not been defined in the DS administrator(off course defined in the sequencer parameter grid) ,it works fine. but if the same parameter is defined in the DS administrator then it fails with following error.

[dsdev@xyz1]# /app/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -run -wait -param PROCESS_STATUS=Success -param LOGFILE_DIR="/home/dsdev/datastage/temp/log/" Test_proj SeqXYZUploadProcess.11
+ /app/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -run -wait -param PROCESS_STATUS=Success -param LOGFILE_DIR=/home/dsdev/datastage/temp/log/ Test_proj SeqXYZUploadProcess.11
Error -3 getting information for parameter 'LOGFILE_DIR'

In the above snipet, there is no error due to PROCESS_STATUS, which is not defined in the DS Administator, but defined at Sequencer level.

The requirement here is- sequencer has to take parameter('LOGFILE_DIR') from the shell script when paased, other wise use the administrator one(when not passed).

Im I missing some thing in the calling script? please advice.

Thanks,
Ramesh
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the responce.

I did try that option, but resulted in the following error.

[dsdev@xyz1]# /app/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -run -wait -param PROCESS_STATUS=Success -param $LOGFILE_DIR="/home/dsdev/datastage/temp/log/" Test_proj SeqXYZUploadProcess.11

Error -3 getting information for parameter ''

LOGFILE_DIR, is a DS administrator user defined variable. I have tried using $ENV(although my requirement is to use $PROJDEF!) in job parameter grid just to see if it works, but no luck.

Guessing If Im Missing some thing here...! Or this doesnt work this way?

Appreciate the help...

Ramesh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As well as being defined in the Administrator, $LOGFILE_DIR must also be added to the job as a job parameter. Click the Add Environment Variable command button on the Parameters page to achieve this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.