Processing mainframe files with Signed and Comp fields

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

horserider
Participant

Processing mainframe files with Signed and Comp fields

Post by horserider »

I see lots of threads on CFF stage issue, COMP, Signed fields issues when reading file from mainframe file using FTP or Enterprise FTP plugin stage.

Does any has a proper documentation either personal or from IBM, as to how the job should be designed in parallel to handle COMP and Signed Integers?

I have been struggling with converting COMP and Signed fields from mainframe files and couldn't find any thread that specifies any standard practice to address this OR may be I couldn't find one (even if it's here).

Any help will greatly be appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are some examples in IBM's class DataStage Essentials (Server Edition) about how to use the SDK routines to "translate" such data into character numeric (= human readable) form.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shamshad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shamshad »

Is there any information as how to deal the same issue in PARALLEL JOB?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

None of which I'm aware. However, if you study the SDK routines, you may get some clues as to the algorithms required in your own parallel routines.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.